M&E what? M&E stands for Mechanical and .(understood in Vietnamese to mean mechanical & electrical - which is often abbreviated as branch) electrical engineer).
The M&E system is divided into four main categories:
- Ventilation and air conditioning systems (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning, gọi tắt là HVAC)
- Water supply and drainage and sanitary equipment (Plumbing & Sanitary, for short, P&S)
- Power system (Electrical)
- Fire alarm and fire fighting system (Fire Alarm & Fire Fighting)
What is the M&E building system?
- The Mechanical part in the project that occupies a large volume is the category of Air Conditioning and Ventilation (MVAC - Mechanical Ventilation and Air Conditioning) [also known as HVAC]. Other parts of Mechanical also include Fire alarm and Fighting, Plumbing and Sanitary (P&S), LPG and compressed air supply.
- Electrical part as the name suggests, it includes items related to Electricity: distribution, power supply, lighting, control system, extra low voltage (ELV).
Heavy electricity includes:
Main power supply: is the main power supply system, including medium voltage cabinets, medium voltage lines, 24kV/0.4kV transformers and main switchgear (called MSB, main switch board). May have additional (Automatic Voltage Regulator System: Automatic Voltage Regulator System, AVR for short)
- System of distribution cabinets: Submain power supply (including power supply for motivation, production, lighting, sockets ...)
- Living lighting system: Lighting
- Socket system: Socket outlet
- Emergency lighting system: Emergency lighting (exit light, emergency light)
- Earthing system: Earthing system (or grounding system)
- Lightning protection system: Lightning protection system (including grounding rods and lightning rods, other than the grounding system)
Light electricity includes:
- LAN and Internet system: Data network system
- Telephone system: Telephone system
- Security monitoring system: Security & Supervisior system
- PA system (public address system) ….
In other words, in a building where the architecture shows the beauty of romantic ideas, the construction part is a strong body, the M&E systems are the healthy "heart" of the building.
What do M&E engineers do?
What is an M&E engineer? ? That is the common name for engineers working in the fields of Mechanical and Electrical works. M & E Engineer It can be understood that Engineers are doing jobs related to the field of M&E, M&E engineers can graduate majors in electricity, refrigeration, electronics, automation, information technology, mechanics, water supply and drainage. , even construction techniques…
The work of M&E Engineers ranges from designing M&E systems, designing construction drawings, supervising construction and installation on construction sites, manufacturing and assembling at workshops such as electrical cabinets, capacitor cabinets, cable tray ladders, pipes. wind…
M&E engineers can do estimating, bidding department (Tender), Project management department, industry human resource training and development, to equipment sales engineer for the cold water power industry. , light electricity.
M&E engineers can also do Mantenance maintenance, consulting and customer service engineering…
Thus, the work of an M&E Engineer is very diverse, but related or even closely related, depending on the specific circumstances, the passion that each Engineer chooses for himself a direction of a job. suitable for you.
The following skills are required for an M&E engineer:
- Ability to read and understand M&E drawings
- M&E construction methods
- Basic knowledge of equipment and tools needed to install M&E
- Skills in identifying and distinguishing M&E . materials
- Construction drawing skills
- Dissection skills, accurate volume calculation
- Skills in planning and delegating work
- Skills in making test and acceptance documents and explaining the volume
- Skills in making payment records and settlements
- Skills in making quotations, making M&E estimates…
- Skills in using Email, Zalo, Viber, Facebook...
- English communication skills.
It seems that all constructions have M&E systems from offices, shopping centers, hotels, hospitals, schools, public works such as airports, cable cars, casinos, apartment buildings. high-rise buildings, to industrial plants, even agriculture…
Today, it can be said that M&E engineer is an interesting profession and there are many opportunities for young engineers and young people to satisfy their technical passion and is a profession that can develop their own career.